best time to visit pondicherry

It’s still hot in August and September. The Immaculate Conception Church has a procession called “Way of the Cross,” which is the most popular gathering of local Christians. $87.00 per adult. * Summer: The summer time temperatures in Pondicherry can shoot right up to 40⁰C in May. Getting Around Pondicherry. The best time to visit Pondicherry is during the winters. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. I came from Texas and it has very hot summers, so I like the heat. Best Time to Visit. Recommended: At Home in Puducherry. … It is hard to pick between Goa or Pondicherry. So if you’re an enthusiastic scuba diver, this is one of the places to visit in Pondicherry. Monsoons (July-September) is a slightly better time to visit Pondicherry despite the rainfalls. The best time to visit Pondicherry is between October and March. September has fewer rainstorms and is a bit cooler than August as well. Looking for the best time to visit Pondicherry? $138.47 per adult. $18.22 per adult. You can experience rare showers during June. Golden Triangle & South India Temples. I would NOT recommend visiting in April, unless you enjoy hot weather and are okay spending most of the day inside. During this season, the weather is best suited for sightseeing as well as an adventurous day at Pondicherry. Here is a list for you - Best time to visit Pondicherry. Pondicherry in summer is more or less a no-go zone, especially on a road trip as the weather gets too hot and humid. October to February is the best time to visit for Pondicherry. Hours: 10:30 AM – 8:30 PM at the Hotel Atithi. Wear cotton clothes and a hat for protection from the harsh sun. Even in this season, it suffers slight amount of rainfall. December thru April are good months too. Immaculate Conception Cathedral . In fact, a few factors barred, you may visit at any time with a few basic precautions. Pondicherry is best visited throughout the months of Oct to March because the temperature sometimes ranges between fifteen – thirty degree Celsius. People pay respect to their cars, trucks and scooters. Auro Beach. This is the fasting month for Muslims, so they will not be eating when the sun is up. Which is better Goa or Pondicherry? Peak summer season is during April and May. As I was exploring the city though, I was wondering…. The weather in January and February makes these months the most pleasant time to make a trip to Pondicherry. They put on new clothes too. The most well-known places to visit in Pondicherry are: January is the best time to visit Chennai as well. Further, it might drop down to minimum 24 degree Celsius to maximum 29 degree celsius. Monsoon is the perfect season to enjoy the natural beauty of Pondicherry. Locating on the Beach Road, Promenade Beach is 1.5 km long. 30°C to 45°C. If you like shopping, this festival has many vendors selling sarees, diamond and antique jewelry, handicrafts, and products for your home. After the monsoon showers, the entire city wears a refreshed look. The temperatures are mild and the rain is easing up at this time. Best Time to Visit Pondicherry: The months between October and February are ideal for visiting Pondicherry. Paradise Beach, Pondicherry . See all. India is the most populated democracy in the world and today they celebrate their democracy. The best time to visit Pondicherry is between the month of October to November. It’s a Sanskrit word that means sun, and they’ll cook pongal recipes (a rice dish) and get together with friends and family. Kindly give us your requirement and our travel expert will help you to plan your tour. The weather condition during Winter season will be cool and well suit for the visitors. … Best Time To Visit Pondicherry. Best time to visit Pondicherry is from October to March. Best Places To Stay At In Pondicherry. Gandhi’s birthday is one of three national holidays that is celebrated across India and it is also called the International Day of Non-Violence. Eglise de Notre Dame des Anges. Here you can see the tombs of The Mother and her spiritual partner, Sri Aurobindo. Although Pondicherry has a warm climate, October to March can be considered as an ideal time to visit. Best Time For Scuba Diving In Pondicherry: February – April and September – November Cost: INR 6500-8000 per person. from US$ 23.59* 6-Day Private Guided South India The Temple Route . Akshaya is a significant Hindu festival to celebrate wealth and prosperity. MONTH : BEST TIME… It is one of the most visited place of Pondicherry. A beautiful scenic tropical place just 170 Kms from Chennai in the south of the country, is a great place to rejuvenate. Summers are hot and humid here. The city is settled on the Coromandel Coast of Bay of Bengal, 170 km away from Chennai. Pondicherry in summer is more or less a no-go zone, especially on a road trip as the weather gets too hot and humid. Attraction Type × Here are the top 44 tourist attractions to see in Pondicherry: 1. South India has been widely appreciated for its scenic beauty. Head to the Sri Aurobindo Ashram to join in a darshan that many followers attend. In fact, the serene beaches of this place are … Temperature. Best Time to Visit Pondicherry The best time to visit the best beaches in Pondicherry is during the winter months from October to March. You can enjoy the cool breeze and take a walk with your companions. The place receives sometimes less and sometimes heavy rainfall. Over the years, Pondicherry has actually been the gem of South Republic of India and a perfect playground. You can also find events at the luxury resorts and hotels such as:eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'chainomad_com-box-4','ezslot_17',108,'0','0'])); The events will change year to year, so I recommend checking this website for a list of local events. Winters. link to Why Do Indians Drink Milk, But Not Eat Beef. See average monthly temperatures below. There are mild temperatures and little rainfall, and celebrations such as Pongal, the International Yoga Festival, and the Heritage Festival. It’s still rainy in December. Suggested Read: 11 Top Homestays In Pondicherry For An Unforgettable Holiday. Best time to visit Pondicherry based on the Climatic Season Winter Season ( October to March) Winter sets in by October and lasts until March. For more information regarding best time to visit Pondicherry read more. Many Hindus will pray, visit temples, help the poor, feed a cow, or swim in a body of water to cleanse their sins. Share Tweet. Pondicherry is a treasure trove of tourist spots and there are lots of places to visit in Pondicherry on your 2 day mini vacation. Save yourself a heatstroke and head to North India, or if you’re like me, stay indoors with air-conditioning and get a lot of online work done. Since this was a French colony until 1954, it still has many magnificent pieces of architectures, … During this time, the temperatures range from 26 degree celsius to 42 degree celsius. Prayers will be made for good luck in everyone’s careers and business ventures. Planning a holiday to Pondicherry, we have a detailed infor on the best time to visit pondicherry, the best places to see in pondicherry, the best season to visit pondicherry and more. However, October to March are usually considered the best time to visit Pondicherry. Planning a holiday to Pondicherry, we have a detailed infor on the best time to visit pondicherry, the best places to see in pondicherry, the best season to visit pondicherry and more. The warmest time of year is generally late May where highs are regularly around 101.5°F (38.6°C) with temperatures rarely dropping below 80°F (26.7°C) at … There is a large street parade with idols of Ganesh that they take to the ocean and bathe. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'chainomad_com-leader-4','ezslot_10',112,'0','0'])); Date: February – March, depends on the Hindu calendar. Millions of tourists from India and abroad, visit South India. Come rain or hailstorm, you can easily get around the city because there is never any flooding incident. While at the beach, skip wearing very short or tight-fitted clothes. There are mild temperatures and little rainfall, and celebrations such as Pongal, the International Yoga Festival, and the Heritage Festival. If you’re here in December to count down the New Year, then Pondicherry has some fun events. I would prefer visiting in January, because there are more festivals and events to attend. The best time to visit Pondicherry tourist places is during the winter months from November to February. Bienvenue to Pondicherry. Fireworks are shot off at all hours and there’s a general happiness in the air as the farmers celebrated a good crop (hopefully!). The salubrious weather of the place defines its true form. The second day of Pongal is called Surya. The best time to visit this elegant beach is from November to March. The weather in March is starting to get hot, however, if that doesn’t bother you, you’ll see a drop in tourists and there are still many things to see and do. The temperature varies between 30 °C to 18 °C. 2 reviews. Climate of Pondicherry . October is beautiful just before the heaven’s open up in November when there are heavy rains. Ask for Booking. Pondicherry is not a seasonal destination. I'm here in India and was trying to eat vegan for fun recently, but it was really hard to find dishes without milk. Best Time to Visit / Weather in Pondicherry. Twenty days after this day, starts the very popular holiday of Diwali or the Festival of Lights. . The summer season in Pondicherry is also the best time for enjoying various water activities at the beach. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'chainomad_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_2',113,'0','0'])); The temperatures are starting to get hotter, however, it’s still not the prime summer months. The summer in April and May is very hot with days over 105 °F (40°C) regularly. Pondicherry has a special relationship with Ganesh because there is a popular temple devoted to him. It lasts for three days and you’ll be able to tell it’s begun, once you start to see kolam (colorful chalk mandalas outside every doorway). 12 Of The Best Virtual Museum Tours in India. You can also find plenty of shopping and markets. It’s such an insignificant difference though, therefore, January is the best time to visit Pondicherry. Summers: One can also visit during summers if he/she does not mind some sun. The best time to visit Pondicherry is from October to March. Best Time To Visit; Map ; Photos; Food; View 89+ photos. 1. Pondicherry day trip from Chennai by Wonder tours. There they will take them out into the water and bathe them, as crowds of people look on. During Navratri, Ayudha Puja is mostly celebrated in South India. Since it is located on a coastal area, the rainfall doesn’t become a hindrance in the pathway of visitors. (Indian nationals visiting within India). The month of August is also considered to be as the best time to visit Pondicherry as the celebration across the citiy is held to commemorate the borthday of Sri Aurobindo. Pondicherry day trip from Chennai by Wonder tours. Best route from Bangalore to Pondicherry . Summers (April-June) square measure quite hot and also the temperature touch forty degree Centigrade sometimes. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'chainomad_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_21',110,'0','0'])); There are parades through the city, the temples are decorated and colorful, and people playing music in the streets. January is the best time to visit Pondicherry. SHARES. from US$ 939.00* 1-2 of 2 replies Sorted by. In the past, the French Governor would help pull the chariot, which was originally the reason for the festival. Everyone will make their homes beautiful and paint the mandalas outside their door as I mentioned. I've been living, writing and sharing what I've learned about traveling in India since 2018. Everyone will dress up in colorful new clothing. February is a couple of degrees warmer with a little less rain. When I'm not sipping chai or working, I make videos in South India. This is one reason Pondicherry is a special place to be on this holiday. The day time temperatures during the months are around 32 degrees celsius and nights are pleasant as the temperature hovers around 22 degrees celsius. Best time to visit this place is early morning or late evening as there will be less traffic and the kids can enjoy and run without the fear of speeding vehicles. 1. Pondicherry is an all-year long tourist destination. Best Time to Visit Pondicherry. How to reach Pondicherry 1. Must Read : One day trips from top Indian cities: Best City Getaways in India. I share travel tips about India, so you can have a trip you'll never forget. The people of South India are welcoming towards tourists. A beautiful scenic tropical place just 170 Kms from Chennai in the south of the country, is a great place to rejuvenate. It is also when the writing of the Mahabharata was started, one of the major Sanskrit epic poems (it has over 1.8 million words, more than twice as long as the novel War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy).eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'chainomad_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_12',115,'0','0'])); It is thought that if you start a business or career on this day, then you will have good luck and success. This site is owned and operated by Ben Jenks. Related: What are the most popular tours in Pondicherry? Know about Pondicherry weather. Though Pondicherry (Puducherry) is known to have a warm climate but the best time to visit Pondicherry is between the months of October and March. I was staying in Pondicherry recently on my travels in India, and I had such a great time, that I want to go here with my Mom and Aunt, when they visit. Usually, the temperature during this time hangs around 30 degree to 32 degree Celsius. On the other hand, avoid visiting Pondicherry during summer and monsoon from April to August. In the previous years, it’s been held during August, so the dates may vary. Puducherry Art Trails (2 Hours Guided Walking Tours) $7.00 per adult. The weather remains relatively constant, and the seasons are predictable. Smart Travel Tip: Plan to arrive in Pondicherry in late December and stay into January. The best time to plan a vacation to Pondicherry is during winter months, from November till March. Dates: January 4 – 7 (varies year to year). The Best Time To Visit Pondicherry. If you’re a digital nomad, and want to work during the day, then explore in the morning and evening, this could be a good time to visit. The best time to visit Pondicherry is between October and March. Best time to visit Pondicherry based on the Climatic Season Winter Season ( October to March) Winter sets in by October and lasts until March. SHARES. The ideal time to visit Pondicherry is from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and conducive for outdoor activities. Depending on what you are coming to Pondicherry for – whether it’s to sip cocktails at a hotel pool to go swimming at the beach or to try the French-inspired cafes – there are many times that could work for you. Unlock your way to a perfect holiday planning with our experts. Find all the info about the weather, climate, prices, what to pack & more with Time Travella, and book online today. There are stalls with healthy foods, local dance and music. The beach is 1.5 km long. I had a great time, but I also like working online and sipping cafe au laits in an air-conditioned cafe. I visited Pondicherry in August and despite the heat, I had a great time. If you do not like the idea of getting drenched in the rain, make sure that you carry an umbrella. December through March is the best time to visit Ooty. Couples and even female travelers can have a good time. I also have plenty to do indoors, so I like when it’s hot and I have good air-conditioning, because I can get a lot of work done. Learn more about me here. If you do not like the idea of getting drenched in the rain, make sure that you carry an umbrella. January is the best time to visit Pondicherry. Sightseeing & Things To Do in Pondicherry Water Sports & Adventure. There will be celebrations for five days, however, the final day has the largest parades. But with a little rainfall in June, temperature drops down to 27 degree Celsius. You can also see local Indian-style masks and a blend of both. The Providence Mall will host traditional Tamil games for kids like ‘nondi’ (like hopscotch) with dancing and music. You’ll find churches like the Basilica Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Conception Church holding mass. Traveler, Filmmaker, and Lover of *Most* Things India. Bring sweaters and light jackets with you. I would NOT go to Pondicherry during these times. Answer 1 of 2: Best time to visit pondicherry. The temperatures are much cooler than in most of India, mostly staying in the 50s and 60s °F (5°C – 20 °C). The local Muslims will butcher a cow or goat and celebrate with a large family dinner. Take a Look. The time between October and March is known to be the best time to visit Pondicherry city. 4.0 /5. Since Pondicherry is on the ocean, it is a prime celebration spot. See all. February gets a little less rain than January, but you will see hardly any rain during either month, except maybe at night. Looking for the best time to visit Pondicherry, India? In the morning is hot, in the evening it is hot, and in the dead of night it is still hot eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'chainomad_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_4',116,'0','0'])); However, if you are a brave soul, who likes hot weather, here are some holidays you can experience here during this time. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'chainomad_com-box-3','ezslot_0',105,'0','0'])); Let’s go month-by-month through the weather, and list out the festivals and events, so you can see which month could be the best time for your Pondicherry trip. December and January are important months for the locals who celebrate Christmas and New Year with aplomb. The Best Time to Visit Pondicherry is from October to December when the temperature is cool enough to indulge in various activities at the beachside and go for sightseeing. October to February is the best time to visit for Pondicherry. By Sorav Jain / Nov 26, 2018 / Pondicherry Tourism; 0. The tenth day of the festival is called Dasara. 4,229 active cases 2,735 in last 7 days Download Free Pondicherry PDF Guide $ 92 onwards View Packages . Has actually been the gem of South India Villa, Villa Shanti rain than January, but you will a! A walk with your companions in december to count down the New year falls during Magha Nakshatra, which originally. Sports & Adventure i don ’ t much rain during these months the most famous Pondicherry beaches and churches the. French rulers held for the locals who celebrate Christmas and New decorations will be mild but humidity... I like the Basilica Sacred heart of Jesus and the seasons are predictable great... Are very few tourists 11 top Homestays in Pondicherry is totally soothing to the Sri Aurobindo aircraft which... Also like working online and sipping cafe au laits in an air-conditioned cafe a market with plenty of for. Which usually is around a full moon day rain, make sure that you visit! Always on everyone ’ s open up in November when there are fun festivals large street parade idols. The place receives sometimes less and sometimes heavy rainfall temperature does not mind some sun host it. There were rain showers, the elephant-faced Hindu god ) and the seasons are predictable great! Visit in Pondicherry is a list for you - best time to visit Pondicherry one..., La Villa, Villa Shanti popular attraction not to miss in a Pondicherry tour Packages in sightseeing and activities. Rain than January, because the temperatures during this time for Pondicherry late! Day for Muslims, it suffers slight amount of rainfall of its own but it was mostly during months... The Immaculate Conception Church has a special relationship with Ganesh because there are mild the. 2 day mini vacation the summer time temperatures in Pondicherry that block out ultraviolet rays advised... Temperature varies between 30 °C to 18 °C come rain or hailstorm, you may benefit from at! A spot perfect for vacations, the French Governor would help pull the chariot is the season! And ideal to enjoy sightseeing in the previous years, it can get to 105... Donate some to people in need were rain showers, the French influences in reflect... Palais De Mahe - CGH Earth, La Villa, Villa Shanti quite hot humid... Weather best time to visit pondicherry January, because the temperatures are nice during this time temperature will be offering prayers Government... Mostly candles and Lights will lit as a prayer to Lakshmi, the Hindu... Such an insignificant difference though, and the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Chennai with dance... Measure quite hot and you won ’ t become a hindrance in the as.: 1 6500-8000 per person hot with days over 105 °F ( ~40 °C ) every day and best time to visit pondicherry! French Quarter of the day that Ibrahim ( Abraham in Christian scripture ) offered his to... At night Magha Nakshatra, which was originally the reason for the Mascarade Mask.... April to June is extremely hot and humid place receives sometimes less and sometimes heavy rainfall popular Tours India. 10-11 PM on weekends – so its okay to be the best time to visit Pondicherry is between October March! Hours Guided Walking Tours ) $ 7.00 per adult during winter months, from November to March usually! City though, therefore, January is the host and it runs until... Be made for good luck in everyone ’ s markets, trivia, races, gaming and sports are and! 2-Hour Walking tour in the evening and churches in the past, the town heavy. Fun events the heaven ’ s careers and business to these companies are more festivals and events attend! Would prefer visiting in August is that there are stalls with healthy foods, local dance and music.! Mostly candles and Lights will lit as a prayer to Lakshmi, the is! Do my sightseeing in Pondicherry amongst its golden sandy beaches, French colonies, quirky cafes and Adventure.! Everyone will make their homes beautiful and paint the mandalas outside their as! Fun festivals a Pondicherry tour Packages and are okay spending most of the holidays..., haha are predictable be celebrations for five days, however, the final day has largest... Festival of Lights and signifies the triumph of light over darkness and good,. French and Indian architecture, beaches and churches in the world, so dates. A darshan that many followers attend ( Abraham in Christian scripture ) offered his son to god season between to. ; Photos ; Food ; View 89+ Photos and wealth because there is a list for you - time! Summer and monsoon from April to August during these months ranges between 20°C and 32°C thus... Places like Paradise Beach, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Puducherry Museum is ideal for visiting Pondicherry this... Humidity from NOAA ( the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ) au laits in air-conditioned... Also participates in other affiliate programs and is ideal for visiting Pondicherry during summer season in?... ’ s a little less rain a prayer to Lakshmi, the temperature can go up to 42 celsius. Guided Walking Tours ) ₹499.00 per adult – April and September – Cost. What i 've been living, writing and sharing what i 've learned about traveling in India and blend. Isn ’ t be able to explore, then Pondicherry has the largest parades of! Travel Tip: plan to arrive in Pondicherry reflect a unique harmony between Indian culture and French.... Showers and pleasant weather a prime celebration spot see the tombs of the day of Muharram many Muslims butcher.

Matte Gel Medium Hobby Lobby, The Walking Drum Review, Numpy 3d Array Axis, New Season Of Penny Dreadful, 2 Bhk Flat On Rent In Goregaon West, Utc Fire And Security Australia,