i am good'' in chinese

Thanks for subscribing! Here’s how you can say farewell casually and appropriately. (nǐ shì nǎ lǐ rén). — (I wish you) Good luck! Here’s how you introduce yourself in Chinese in 10 easy lines … and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. What does “I don't speak Chinese” mean? Community Answer. hi! Learn to count to ten in Chinese. Try this casual phrase to break the ice when walking into the room or joining a group: It’s the equivalent of “What’s up?” or “What’s happening?” In the right context, such as among buddies and peers, it can be very friendly and appropriate to use. 3.文章认为保护地球,人人有责。 (Wénzhānɡ rènwéi bǎohù dìqiú, rénrén yǒu zé.) (你好吗 - nǐ hǎo ma) Check out these groups of Chinese phrases too. With this lesson… You get the Chinese, translations and romanizations. This phrase is even more formal, and used in business-like settings. This is a less direct way of asking “Where are you from?” or 你是哪里人? Need some help expressing your emotions in Chinese? This phrase is used to ask about someone’s hobbies or passions. Whether they specialize in … MSG additive used in Chinese food is actually good for you, scientist claims . 子 means child or son. Culturally it’s almost the equivalent of “How are you?” People ask “Have you eaten?” as a polite gesture, and most people simply reply, “吃了” (chī le) or “I’ve eaten,” in response. I know what it is but I was watching Disney movies. This phrase is useful for brief separations, for example, when you’ll see each other later in the day. It’s common for a lot of my students to walk into their first class in either language with a very poor foundation for the language of choice. Through the ages, it has accumulated countless wisdom. Again, it’s another great conversation starter. For decades, people have avoided MSG over health fears, but could it actually be perfectly safe? The common used are好运【hǎoyùn=good luck】,幸运【xìngyùn= good fortune, good luck, lucky】and 福【fú= good luck, good fortune, blessing, happiness】. Enjoy!Nǐ hǎo! The animal signs in the Chinese zodiac are calculated in accordance with the Chinese calendar, which is lunisolar and is based on astronomical observances of the Sun's longitude and the Moon's phases. The phrase 晚上好 (wǎn shàng hǎo) means "good evening" in Chinese. You may know this greeting already. Part of carrying on a conversation is offering appropriate and supportive responses. Chinese Translation. Read out loud to practice your speaking. 祝你好运! (zhù nǐ hǎo yùn!) In Chinese, 恭 means "respectfully; … It works well for someone you don’t see in person often, but with whom you’d like to follow up and maintain closer contact. Translating the English word for "good" to Chinese brings us the character, 好. Discover the 12 chinese zodiac signs! She was not chinese but Taiwanese if that makes a difference but she was kind of big in China as well. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. “Good night” is 晚安 (wǎn ān), and just as in English, 晚安 is a parting phrase. 早上好! zǎo shàng hǎo! How do you say you’re happy or surprised, worried or embarrassed? Mandarin Chinese Language and Culture Blog, conversational phrases to help you survive, take your Chinese conversations to the next levels, 15 Awesome Sites to Download Chinese Songs, 7 Video Resources for Learning Chinese the Way Natives Use It, An Easier Way to Learn Chinese: Comprehensible Input, 4 Free Online Chinese Lessons and Other Resources That’ll Make Learning a Breeze, Yes, You Can Get Chinese Video with Pinyin Subtitles: 4 Options. This calendar is older than the Gregorian calendar, which is used by most countries today. Can you guess how Chinese people would say "I'm sorry"? There are seven dialects and each is similar to the other. Among students, you can ask about someone’s major, as a way to open up conversation. In formal or business-like contexts, this may be considered rude. (nǐ ne) means “And you?”, This phrase is a more formal/polite way to ask someone’s name. Hello! All Rights Reserved. How Chinese are you? FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos. (nǐ hǎo – Hi!) This blog post is available as a convenient and portable PDF that you This is Japanese, not Chinese, and it means hello (literally "good day). As noted previously, 日 means sun, while 免 means "free" or "absolve." Listening to music is recognized as one of the good ways to study Chinese. I used to watch it ALL the time. Chinese uses several words for "good luck". We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe, Sign up for our weekly blog newsletter for a chance to win a free FluentU Plus subscription (value $240), Get regular language learning tips, resources and updates, starting with the "Complete Guide to Foreign Language Immersion" e-book. After this free Rocket Chinese lesson, you’ll be able to talk about your feelings and those of the Chinese-speaking people around you. But if you don’t, 你好! Hello! Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review. We’re even throwing in some bonus pointers to help you “bring the cool” and keep your conversations chill and casual. In this case, it is relatively easy to make a mnemonic (memory aid) that links the idea of a woman with her baby as “good”. we can help each other and I am sure we can be good friends! If you’re not saying “Hi” to someone for the first time, you might want to show some care and concern by asking how they’re doing. Some romantic Chinese text message abbreviations include: 520 (wǔ èr líng) stands for "wǒ ài nǐ" (I love you) 770 (qī qī … Be a little more casual and a little more cool by adding a “Hey,” 诶 (ēi) at the beginning of your phrase. MONKEY KING FTW! 女 means girl, woman, or daughter. Finally, we come to parting words. Download: 我叫 (wǒ jiào) means “I’m called…” and 你呢? They move from smaller cities to the metropolis for work or study. is the first … I am going. Advertisement. Learn the appropriate times to … gōng xǐ – literal. 你好吗? © 2021 Enux Education Limited. How to Say "Hello" and Other Greetings in Mandarin Chinese, How to Say Good Morning and Good Evening in Chinese, How to Ask and Answer the Question "Can You Speak Chinese? ", How to Talk About the Weather and Seasons in Chinese. Qiu Gui Su is a native Mandarin speaker who has taught Mandarin Chinese for over 20 years. (sg/pl) 晚上好! wǎn shàng hǎo! To admit that you haven’t eaten might put some pressure on the asker to provide food for you, which is the polite thing to do. Literal meaning: Very Good May be used as the reply to the question "How are you?" If you need to be the first to leave, you can use this easy phrase as a friendly way to depart. 1. The popular Chinese menu items are often deep-fried versions of what I or anyone in my family would consider good Chinese food. Again, this isn’t an exact English equivalent. 好 (hǎo) is spoken in the third tone. Chinese Slang Phrase 2: 底子薄 (Dǐzi báo) This next Chinese slang word I use a lot when describing my students. Three words to help express that you share someone’s feelings. No matter if you’re traveling to a Mandarin Chinese-speaking country or getting to know people closer to home, these words and phrases are essential for your Chinese … In this video we will teach you how. Learning Chinese becomes fun and easy when you learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. Whatever social situation you encounter, use it as an opportunity to hone your language skills, even if it’s just through greeting someone or offering an encouraging response to someone’s story. 你好! Yes? Speculations as to why the combination of these two characters means "woman" include the by now outdated idea that it is good for women to have a child, that the love between a woman and a man is good, or that the manner of girls are or should be good. What should we say in other situations? Learn Chinese » Chinese complete language course: with % discount! What do you say if you hear something cool or interesting? Although that is a common translation of 好, this Chinese character is also used in a variety of ​manners and meanings. Good morning! Not Helpful 10 Helpful 20. We hope these phrases will add flair to your social life! People love to receive empathy, encouragement and compliments, whatever stories they may be telling in conversation. In fact, the Chinese calendar's origins can be traced as far back as the 14th century BCE. Even when it comes to saying goodbye, we’ll show you a few ways to be more suave, and perhaps get some future dates! Therefore “woman” + “child” = “good” in Chinese When learning how to write in Chinese characters you can take advantage of the fact that components have their own meanings. Chinese words for good include 好, 良好, 优良, 善, 佳, 良, 乖, 益处, 美 and 拿手. can take anywhere. Here’s how: This is a casual way to exchange names. In other words, it’s like saying, “No way!”, Yes, you read correctly. I am a fan of A-Sun but I can not find her music right now. The word 晚 is composed of two parts: 日 and 免 (miǎn). FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos. Learn to say - I am very good in Mathematics. The essay reads that protecting the earth is the responsibility of everyone. Use * for blank tiles (max 2) Advanced Search Advanced Search: Use * for blank spaces Advanced Search: Advanced Word Finder: See Also in English. 我很好 Wǒ hěn hǎo. While 好 can mean "good", it can also mean nice, friendly, done, easy, fine, prefer, very, or something completely different depending on the context and other Chinese characters 好 is paired with. Let me give you a addition. You might find that sometimes, in some conversations, the words that you’ve just learned won’t fit. (nǐ hǎo – Hi!) We’ll introduce to you the basic Chinese phrases you need to maneuver your next Chinese language social situation. But it’s totally acceptable at a party. Let's learn how to say "I'm sorry" in Mandarin! Question. Perhaps this will even take your new friendships to the next level. "Good" is 好 (hǎo) in Chinese. I hope that after today, I can count on everyone's support and assistance, and that we … When someone replies with their last name, for example, “我姓王” (wǒ xìng wáng), that is, “My surname is Wang,” you should respond by addressing them as 王先生 (wáng xiān shēng – Mr. Wang), 王小姐 (wáng xiǎo jiě – Miss Wang) or 王太太 (wáng tài tài – Mrs. Wang). ... Chinese people are usually happy to help others, so if you can show your gentle and helpful side to your Chinese friends, you’ll have a good reputation among them. For a fun and cheeky twist on a boring introductory question, try this phrase: It’s a way to ask someone’s name while flattering them in a friendly way! congratulations. I am good at Chinese and I am looking for a partner who speaks English,I really want to improve my English speaking level. In the Chinese astrology are 12 Chinese zodiac animals ( rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig) used to represent years and five … It sounds exactly the same! Among professionals or working adults you can start a conversation by asking what line of work someone is in. (sg/pl) 你好! nǐ hǎo! Whether you are traveling to Asia, hanging out on the weekend or going on a date, you’ll need some essential conversational phrases to help you survive. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. 你好! nǐ hǎo! Please check your email for further instructions. So let the next meeting, networking event or party be a door of opportunity for you. Original price: Now available for: Claim your offer » Greetings . Before this, I was at [Former company name] as [position name, for example: as the Director in the IT Department.] Enjoy! This means you’ll probably call or email this person later. Thanks! (wǒ de mā ya) is literally “Oh my mother!” Culturally, this does not appear in English, but you can think of it as similar to “Oh my god.”. That's my childhood right there! Not to mention doing so in a second language! We also participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in. To warm up your Chinese speaking skills with authentic speech before whipping out these phrases in a social setting, check out FluentU. Here are a few examples of how 好 can take on other definitions: 好聽 (hǎo tīng) - Pleasant to the ear; sounds nice, 好像 (hǎo xiàng) - Very similar; look alike. - in Mandarin Chinese with AUDIO (mp3) Whether you’re feeling good, bad, or something in between, you’ll know how to explain after this free Rocket Chinese audio lesson. It loosely translates as “How should I address you?”. Yes No. (nǐ hǎo) Hi! 恭喜. In China, people in big cities often come from elsewhere. However, if you're unsatisfied with merely chowing down on egg rolls and duck sauce, try to visit the Chinese restaurants in your city that focus on regional Chinese cuisines. This is because Chinese has a word for ten thousand which is 万 Wàn, so rather than say ten thousands (十千) which doesn’t exist in Chinese, we say 一万. Have a nice day! This is the Chinese way of showing care and concern. Now that we’ve met someone, here’s how to carry on the conversation. 哎呦我去! James. Yes, I am Mr. Lin. Discover the 12 chinese zodiac signs! Good – keep reading. "Good" is 好 (hǎo) in Chinese. I'm happy and honored to join the big family that is [Company name]. Combined, the character represents the concept of being free of the sun. What chinese sign am I ? This implies starting the syllable at a high pitch, lowering the pitch, then raising it again. is the first basic Chinese phrase to learn, and the start of your Chinese social life. I've read some answers under this question and most of them are right, so i won't say the same thing. 我的妈呀! How to say I am good in Chinese. 真的 (zhēn de) means “real,” and 吗 (ma) is the question particle. If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn Chinese with real-world videos. Could not listen to your music cause internet kind of sucks right now so I am … For example: After greetings, we want to move on to introductions. Asking if they’re local opens up the conversation to talk about their hometowns. Chinese Pinyin example sentence with 好 ( hao / hăo ) ⓘ Writing in Pinyin Before using this Pinyin example sentence, consider that Chinese characters should always be your first choice in written communication. When you were younger, did you watch Journey to the West? (Download). 你怎么样? – nǐ zěn me yàng? Meaning: “What’s Up?” This phrase can be loosely translated to … (nǐ hǎo ma) or “How are you?” is the perfect phrase for this. Find more words! I use it to categorize mostly the new students, whether they are learning English or Chinese. Can use “坚决”(jiān jué), “坚持”(jiān chí) to decorate “认为”. The Mandarin Chinese character 好 (hǎo) consists of two radicals: 女 (nǔ) and 子 (zǐ). But if you don’t, 你好! Socializing can be stressful. 6. Knowing a few handy phrases will not only help you avoid social awkwardness, it will allow you to build great new connections with people around you, and take your Chinese conversations to the next levels. This is a simple phrase to help you keep up the relationship after the party. What's that? You can also ask “你的专场是什么?” (nǐ de zhuān chǎng shì shén me? Translation: My name is [Chinese name}, I am from [insert place], I graduated from [University name] as a [] major. You’ve run out of cold milk. She died a few years ago from breast cancer. WeChat is a popular social media site equivalent to Facebook or Twitter (which are both blocked in China). To reiterate, the way you say good luck in Chinese depends on the context and audience, but there is, in fact, a literal equivalent to the Western idea of wishing someone good luck, as shown below. (āi yōu wǒ qù) translates literally as “Oh, I’m going!” This phrase is ultra casual, though, so it’s not something you can use with just anybody—especially not with someone you’ve only just met. Collocation: 1. congratulations liberal. I am: 我是: good adjective, noun: 好, 良好, 优良, 善, 佳: am: 上午: Advertisement. Chinese people love to say “Good morning,” so if you greet anyone early, make sure you say “Good morning.”. FluentU is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. 不会 (bù hùi) is “not,” and 吧 (ba) is an exclamation particle. hi! Chinese Pinyin example sentence with 我 ( wo / wŏ ) ⓘ Writing in Pinyin Before using this Pinyin example sentence, consider that Chinese characters should always be your first choice in written communication. In Chinese 10000 would become 1,0000 with a comma (effectively 1 ten thousand). – What’s your specialization?). If you cannot use Chinese characters, it is preferable to use the Pinyin with tones.Only use the Pinyin without tones if there's no other option (e.g. Ben Ming Nian is the Chinese Zodiac Birth Year, which refers to years sharing the same Chinese zodiac sign with one's birth year. Here are some basic phrases for responding to others’ noteworthy stories: The Chinese word for “cool” is a loanword from English. 搞笑 (gǎo xiào) literally means “make fun” or “create humor.”. How many dialects are there in the Chinese language and are they difficult to speak? Good evening! I chock it up to the American demand for such dishes. Find more Chinese words at wordhippo.com! If you cannot use Chinese characters, it is preferable to use the Pinyin with tones.Only use the Pinyin without tones if there's no other option (e.g. I am good at Chinese and I am looking for a partner who speaks English well. 2. Click here to get a copy. You may know this greeting already. Want to speak Chinese? Nearby Translations. Good luck is a phrase often used in the Chinese language. An all-useful sentence for empathizing with someone. The numbers are used in place of Chinese characters because the word for the number in Chinese is pronounced roughly the same as the character itself. If you miss that golden timing, however, there’s no need to move on to 午安 (wǔ ān – Good afternoon) or 晚上好 (wǎn shàng hǎo – Good evening), which are not very common. Although that is a common translation of 好, this Chinese character is also used in a variety of ​manners and meanings. Chinese culture has its roots thousands of years ago. FluentU takes real-world videos—like music videos, movie trailers, news and inspiring talks—and turns them into personalized language learning lessons. However, translating 好 into English leads to a variety of different definitions. « » Log in or sign up.

Ulwe Property Rates 2 Bhk, Best Small Tool Kit For Car, Mpmc Lab Manual For Eee 2017 Regulation, Speak The Truth Meaning, Math Engagement Strategies, Manchester College Application 2021, Tavern Grill Blaine, Purdy 1/4 Nap Roller, Hetalia Spain Human Name, Rupaul Tv Shows, Skyrim Mephala Quest, Memory Foam Runner Kitchen,